Accurate Thermal Systems Fluidized Baths can be used to thermally clean metal parts by removing all types of organic material including plastic, paint, resin, adhesive, glue, oil, silicone, rubber and grease as well as food and plant based products. Fluidized Baths offer a fast, safe and efficient way to clean extrusion and injection molding parts some of which are listed below.
Breaker plates, dies, injection nozzles, feed screws, hot runner parts, nozzles, die plates, extrusion profiles, screen changers, barrels, hooks, spin packs, tips, feed pipe, film extrusion dies, screw elements, molds, spinnerete, hardware, pressure transducers, melt flow indexer dies, capillary rheometer parts, crossheads, die adaptor, screen pack, nuts & bolts, profile extrusion dies and many more types of parts.
This thermal cleaning process (Pyrolysis) typically takes from 30 to 60 minutes to remove all material from the tooling. Plastics Manufacturers benefit from this fast and efficient cleaning cycle which minimizes down time during line change outs and maintenance. The Fluidized Bath cleaning process does not require the operators assistance after the part is placed into the bath allowing them to concentrate on other duties. Our Fluidized Baths are 4 to 5 times faster and more energy efficient than Pyrolysis and Pyrolytic burn-off ovens while no hazardous chemicals are required as with Ultrasonic cleaners and chemical purging. Smoke and fumes generated by all Thermal cleaning processes can be vented into plant exhaust or can be completely removed with one of our HEPA Air Filtration systems or Thermal Afterburner. The burned off organics are carried away into the aluminum oxide as a carbon and residue. Used aluminum oxide can be disposed of in a landfill or regular trash.
The Fluidized Bath cleaning process will thermally breakdown material on the inside of assembled tools which can then be easily disassembled. Stable temperatures and uniform heat distribution minimizes tool damage and distortion as opposed to when using torches, ovens or hand cleaning methods. We recommend the models FTBSL6, FTBLL12, FTBLL12W, FTBLL26, FTBLL27 & FTBLL47 for these cleaning applications. See our HEPA Air Filtration Systems for removing entrained smoke and fumes from the exhaust stream out of the Fluidized Bath.
Why choose a Fluidized Bath over other cleaning methods?
- Fast, removes organics from tooling, parts and hardware in UNDER 60 MINUTES unlike 4 to 8 hours with burn off ovens
- Labor efficient requiring only 5 to 10 minutes per hour of labor for the cleaning process
- No unsafe and hard to dispose of chemicals or harsh solvents as with ultrasonic cleaning
- Does not damage expensive tooling as with torching, drilling, scraping, knives, lathes & wire wheels
- No blasting media or other consumables to purchase, store and dispose of
- Breaks down and removes organic based material from small holes, orifices, channels, profiles and openings down to 0.010”
- Fluidizing action is gentle and will not abrade or change surface finish
- Complements other cleaning systems; speeds up line change outs to minimize production down time
- Removes all types of plastic and elastomers including fluoropolymers, rubber and silicone
Get a free sample cleaning
Download and fill out the “Plastics Burnoff Cleaning Form” located in the upper right of this page for a free trial cleaning on your tooling and parts. In most areas we have a manufacturers reps available to support your thermal cleaning application, Fluidized Bath installation and operation.