Accurate Thermal Systems Fluidized Baths can be used to thermally clean metal parts by removing all types of organic material including plastic, paint, resin, adhesive, glue, oil, silicone, rubber and grease as well as food and plant based products. Fluidized Baths offer a fast, safe and efficient way to clean extrusion and injection molding parts some of which are listed below.
Breaker plates, dies, injection nozzles, feed screws, hot runner parts, nozzles, die plates, extrusion profiles, screen changers, barrels, hooks, spin packs, tips, feed pipe, film extrusion dies, screw elements, molds, spinnerete, hardware, pressure transducers, melt flow indexer dies, capillary rheometer parts, crossheads, die adaptor, screen pack, nuts & bolts, profile extrusion dies and many more types of parts.
The thermal cleaning process typically takes from 30 to 60 minutes to remove all material from the tooling. Fast and efficient cleaning cycle minimizes down time during line change outs and maintenance. The Fluidized Bath cleaning process does not require the operators assistance after the part is placed into the bath allowing them to move on to other duties. Fluidized Baths are 4 to 5 times faster and more energy efficient than Pyrolysis ovens, burn out ovens and Pyrolytic burn-off ovens while no hazardous chemicals are required as with Ultrasonic cleaners and chemical purging. Any emissions generated by all Thermal cleaning processes can be vented into plant exhaust or can be completely removed with one of our HEPA Air Filtration systems or Thermal Afterburner. The burned off organics are carried away into the aluminum oxide as a carbon and residue. Used aluminum oxide can be disposed of in a landfill or regular trash.
Watch the video below of tool cleaning in action. Send us some of your tooling today for a FREE SAMPLE CLEANING. We'll produce a video of your part being cleaned and ship it back in 2 days.
The Fluidized Bath cleaning process will thermally breakdown material on the inside of assembled tools which can then be easily disassembled. Stable temperatures and uniform heat distribution eliminates tool damage and distortion as opposed to when using torches, ovens or hand cleaning methods. We recommend the models FTBSL6, FTBLL12, FTBLL12W, FTBLL26, FTBLL27 & FTBLL47 for these cleaning applications. See our HEPA Air Filtration Systems for removing emissions from the exhaust stream out of the Fluidized Bath.
Why choose a Fluidized Bath over other cleaning methods?
- Fast, removes organics from tooling, parts and hardware in UNDER 60 MINUTES unlike 4 to 8 hours with burn off ovens and Pyrolysis ovens. How is tooling being cleaned when your oven is tied up for 8 hours?
- Most labor efficient way to clean tooling requiring only 5 to 10 minutes per hour of labor for the cleaning process
- No unsafe and hard to dispose of chemicals or harsh solvents as with ultrasonic cleaning
- Does not damage expensive tooling as with torching, drilling, scraping, knives, lathes & wire wheels
- Move away from the unsafe and draconian method of the cleaning parts by blow torch
- Breaks down and removes organic based material from small holes, orifices, channels, profiles and openings down to 0.010"
- Fluidizing action is gentle and will not abrade or change surface finish
- Complements other cleaning systems; speeds up line change outs to minimize production down time
- Removes all types of plastic and elastomers including fluoropolymers, rubber and silicone
Get a Free Sample Cleaning
Download and fill out the FREE Sample Cleaning Request located in the upper right of this page for a free trial cleaning on your tooling and parts. In most areas we have a manufacturers reps available to support your thermal cleaning application, Fluidized Bath installation and operation.